Restoration project in the heart of Bedford
Originally built as a Church Hall in 1910 in the handsome C17th neo-classical style, 17 St Peters Street then became a stalwart of the Bedford clubbing scene before falling vacant. This building was crying out for a new lease of life, and that is exactly what it got. With more recent additions removed, and the elevations lovingly restored this building now stands out for all the right reasons. We took the original planning application and maximised the site’s potential, optimising the size and number of units. The mixed-use development with low water-use appliances and fully electric heating, now provides 14 bespoke apartments, as well as a commercial retail space. In addition we provided Stage 4 Technical support and information to obtain full building regulations approval on a challenging project. All work now complete securing this fabulous building in the heart of the town centre for future generations.